Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Why I love My Job...

Sometime last week, I had an IEP meeting for a student at work. The outcome of the meeting was that this particular student was going to be placed in my Study Skills class. While this was the best option for this particular student, and the meeting looked very hopeful, I was very nervous. I felt inadequate and overwhelmed. I was absolutely terrified that I wouldn't be able to make a difference in this students' life, or (even worse!) that this student would have a negative experience in my class and make choices endangering self or others.

This student has now been in my class about a week, and this morning I received an email that among other things said, "[This Student] loves his new study skills class and is proud of what he's accomplished in there already."

It was an AWESOME email to get... and just enough to keep me going make me hopeful that everything is going to be alright after all!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey Jenessa, are you getting married?