Monday, July 14, 2008

Kinda Like a Ladybug Picnic

Since I'm home for a few weeks, I'm not working down in Utah, so I decided to call up the owner of a local ice cream shop where I used to work and see if I could get a few hours a week decorating cakes. Thankfully, she agreed to as many hours as I would like, so this past week I went in and started working on some cakes. I was afraid I might be a little bit rusty since it's been about a year since I was whipping out 15-20 cakes/day. I was kind of looking forward to slapping together a couple easy cakes when I discovered that the first customer of the day had requested a lady bug cake! After a little bit of time and a lot of smeared frosting, this is my finished work of art!
I forgot how much I love decorating cakes! I've noticed that older women often have specific hobbies that they enjoy more than others. Some women knit. Others crochet. Some garden. many sew. Some paint or draw. I've decided that I think I'd like to decorate cakes until the day I die... That and I'd like to collect clocks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rusty?!?!?! Whatev, remember that giant banana beast you guys left on my table? That was intense, and deeply... artistic